Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tripping hazards.

My apologies on having gone this long into the month of April without a single blog post. Make no mistake that I am working on one, though it demands a bit more research into soil science than I was initially expecting, and it will take some time. The fact that I have been recruited by the Germans to play organ for the Holy Week services also cuts significantly into my available evening free time. I am working on a post and will have it displayed as soon as possible.

On top of this, I have more lousy news: my trusty 4-megapixel camera seems to have bit the dust (literally). I am trying home remedies, but this little machine that has served me so well throughout most of the life of this blog is probably at its final days. If anyone has any recommendations for a moderately priced camera where the emphasis is less on quality of imagery and more on the machine's ability to withstand lots of abuse and a harsh climate, I'm all ears (and eyes). Thanks as always for reading.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

You'd look a little silly carrying it around, but Fisher Price makes a "Kid-Tough" Digital Camera. If it can withstand playgrounds, pools, and melted ice cream, I bet it'd stand up to the desert.

AmericanDirt said...

Advice well taken, Aimee, and thanks for writing. This is war, so it's hardly a time for self-consciousness. I'd dig a blue, red and yellow camera; Afghanistan could use the bright colors. I'll have to look into it!